Nov 20, 2005

It's all about the image


Last night was closing night, and it all went well. My new friend (he he he) came to the show. I really wished I didn't have to stay up in the booth so I could spend a little more time talking with her instead of rushing around doing backstage stuff. I gave her a mix CD of songs that reflect different aspects of my personality, in hopes that this will help answer some more of her questions about me.

This whole experience of getting to know her is scary as hell to me. One of my biggest fears in life is being misunderstood. I'm really digging the whole email/text message method of communication we've got going, because I get to carefully plan my words. Face-to-face I find myself stumbling over my words, albeit in a goofily charming way (fingers crossed).

This morning I slept in a little too late. I had a lot of work to get done at the office, and I had precious little time to get it done. I didn't get anything done that I had intended to do. I spent over four hours trying to calibrate an eight-year-old color printer, which turns out is next to impossible. My boss gave up on trying to run the proofs here, and opted for plan B: Output bureau. Frustrating, yes...but I got five hours overtime, so I can't complain.

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie this afternoon. Oh, my God...it is soooo good. The tone is perfectly dark. This is the Empire Strikes Back of the Harry Potter franchise. For the first half, I was starting to wonder why this was a PG-13 movie. Sure, there were a few scary moments, but nothing very nightmare-enducing. Then, there's a scene where Harry takes a bubble bath and talks to a crazy ghost. Ah, that's where the ratings board had a change of heart: Hot, wet harry-on-disembodied-spirit action.

Just kidding. Actually the last half of the movie is cool as hell. No one gives good creepy psycho like Ralph Fiennes. I'm really digging where the franchise is going. It's a shame I have to wait over a year and a half to see the next one. Yeah, yeah, I know I could just read the books, but I want to experience the movies with a fresh mind.

No comments: