Nov 21, 2005

Little things about me

Here's a partial list of things many people don't know about me:

I was born on my brother's fourth birthday. I have the same initials (D.J.F.) as my grandmother. My middle name is Joseph. While doing a Google search on my name, I discovered that I share the same name as a pro hockey player and a German lounge singer. When I was five, I stuck my tongue out at my brother and he upper-cut me; to this day if I have too much ice cream the scar tissue tightens up and I talk all funny. At seventeen, I was threatened with a paternity suit even though I was still a virgin (long story). I've been told that I almost died as an infant when I started choking on a plum pit. Growing up, my mother's stained glass studio was set up in what was supposed to be our living room. The last gift I received from my father before he died was a Garbage Pail Kids collector album (for my 12th birthday). I snore and occasionally sleepwalk. Since I lost all my baby teeth, I have never had a single cavity (knock on wood). I once got a triple word score in Scrabble with the word ZYGOTE and still lost the game. One of my favorite toys growing up was a huge Papa Smurf doll my uncle won at a carnival (I believe I got it because it creeped out both of my cousins). My favorite board game is Monopoly. The first three movies I saw in a theater, in order, were Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars. The song playing during my first kiss was "Mama Said Knock You Out." Embarrased by my bone-white legs as a teenager, I used self-tanning lotion and forgot to wash my hands; the only part of my body that tanned were the palms of my hands. The first novel I read was The World According to Garp. I grind my teeth in my sleep. I cannot stand popcorn. The last time I got completely drunk was St. Patrick's Day, 1999. I worship at the alter of double-stuf oreos. Due to the fact that I wore the same pair of contacts for too long, I have twice as many blood vessels in my eyes as the average person. At one point in my life, I could recite Back to the Future and Ghostbusters from memory. For almost ten years, I had myself convinced that I was allergic to mushrooms. I injured my right thumb three times in six weeks (broken glass, dog bite and a steak knife). In 1989, I wore something with a Batman logo on it every day for over nine months. I have never broken a bone, but I have suffered three sprains and seven stitches. I didn't own a CD player until 1994. I was diagnosed with ADD at 18.

That's about all I can recall at the moment, but expect a part two on this.

No comments: