Nov 30, 2005

Crumbs


Today I sneezed so hard that I knocked my jaw out of alignment for a second or two...Just thought I'd share. Up until that point, my massive headache from yeasterday was gone. The sneeze brought it back.

Today's big project involved scanning in a bunch of comic book art for a local museum. I thought it would take only a couple hours, but it ended up taking all day. Not that I'm complaining. I'd rather get paid waiting on a scanner that to have to do any real work.

Our other artist accidentally spilled a few drops of water on her keyboard, causing it to add letters at random as she typed. Normally, all you'd have to do is let the keyboard dry out overnight and it should be fine. However, when trying to use an air duster to dry it out, I knocked out enough pop-tart crumbs to make a whole new pop-tart. I'm worried that the water may have combined with some of the crumbs and seriously done some damage to the circuits. I brought an old keyboard from home and swapped it out under the condition that NOTHINg be eaten anywhere near it.

That keyboard is now the sixth piece of computer equipment I have loaned to the company. Also there is a trackball, scanner, zip drive, CD burner and a mouse. If I quit, they'd be relatively sca-rewed. My cheap ass-sorry, FRUGAL-bosses have supplied me with added job security.

Tonight, I aim to get some rest.

No comments: