Nov 1, 2005

I'm a pretty girl part deux


I went for one more round as the ballerina Monday night at Arnie's for Halloween. Far less groping this time, mostly because I was apparently creeping out the folks not in costume.

One more thing about the costume. Not a good idea if you eat at Qdoba Mexican Grill for lunch that day. Wicked gas and an inflatable costume that is designed not to let air escape is NEVER a good combination. I made it through just fine...you just wouldn't have wanted to be in the car with me driving home.

As I said in the last post, all the movement in the costume is in the shoulders. This got harder and harder as the night went on, due to the sharp pain in my shoulder blades telling me I had pulled ever muscle in my upper back.

Thanks to the suit, I scored some kick-ass giveaway swag at the bar. I got a t-shirt, a football, a hat and won a folding camp chair in the costume contest. All I had to do was sacrifice my shame. But damn, did I look hot.

This morning, in addition to the pulled muscles, I had to deal with a hangover and a full workload. So many things i had to handle, and by the end of the day, I felt like I hardly got anything done. Tomorrow should be easier...fingers crossed.

Tonight, I went to watch the rehearsals for my friend George's play. She's having me run backstage duties: Slide show, sound cues, etc. It's weird being involved in this kind of stuff. I did plays in high school, but never had to work backstage. Once I got to college, where there wasn't any theatre, I channeled those tendencies into writing. Tonight I found myself watching the performances more as a writer than as a former actor. However, something tells me I might want to try out for a role in one of George's next plays.

Just what I need, an outlet. Hey, if it'll keep me from dressing up as a fat ballerina again...so be it.

No comments: