Oct 30, 2005

I'm a pretty girl


This costume was an interesting experience. For starters, it's inflatable, which would make one think it would be nice and cool inside...but no. It traps all my body heat inside the suit, so it is necessary to deflate every half hour or so and re-inflate outside in the cold air. It took a little getting used to walking through doors, eating, working my way through a crowd, using the restroom, etc., but I made it through okay.

The trick to this costume is all about character. I found that I got bigger laughs if I acted as hyper as possible. Running around got the best laughs, particularly if I used tiny steps.

What took a little getting used to was having everyone I came across immediately went for either the tits or the ass of this portly ballerina. Later in the evening, My friends Mary, Kim and Libby kidnapped me and took me down to the Freaker's Ball at the Brady Theater. At least at the party I was getting groped my people I knew. Complete strangers is another matter. It's strange how much a costume can help a chickenshit like me be so bold as to bump and grind with naughty nurses and vampire mistresses. On the other hand, I did get dry-humped by a drunk, middle aged Spiderman and got felt up by a ghostbuster. Ladies, I now empathize with you. You are not a piece of meat. You deserve so much more than to be treated like this.

I did, however, run into an ex-girlfriend of mine, who was dressed in a black dress and her makeup made to look all evil. How appropriate. A short, awkward conversation later, and I was back on the dance floor.

Another thing about the costume, any noticeable movement has to be all in shoulders. This was perfect for me, because no one could truly tell how bad of a dancer I really was. How sad a statement is it that I need to dress up as a fat ballerina to be popular.

No comments: