Oct 24, 2005

Piling it on


"For every focus, there is an equal and opposite distraction." -Steve Martin, The Pleasure of My Company

I went into the office today expecting to get this big project done by noon. That was until three other projects suddenly got really, really hot. The above quote sums it up perfectly. Every moment I was able to focus on what I needed to do, there was another moment I had to answer the phone, run new proofs, fix something, run errands. I got home sometime around 7:30.

I didn't even get a chance to call the bank to ask about the mortgage thing. That's on my list for tomorrow, right after a few things still left over from last week. Some days it seems like I'm racing the Tour De France on a stationery bike. What compounded things is the fact that I took a sleeping pill last night that left me feeling groggy all day.

But I've had my leftover pizza, I'm watching CSI, and I'll be going to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

G. said...

hey...thanks for the comment you left on my page the other day. nice to get a real one instead of the cyberspam comments.