Oct 11, 2005

Being a grown-up sucks


We had our follow-up meeting today, and I'm glad to say we're all on the same page. I know now that my job decription is gonna get a bit bigger. More organization, coordination and communication between the other departments. Hell, anything to keep my boss from screaming at me like he did yesterday. Jesus, that was weird.

I made the call today to set up an appointment for pre-qualification for a mortgage. Tonight, I need to find my W-2's for the past two years (okay), my pay stubs for the past two months (no problem, I'll just clean out my car), and my bank statements for the past two months (eek! overdrafts!). I'm being very cautiously optimistic. I'm halfway expecting to hear "You qualify for fifty." Great! I get fifty thousand! "No, you get fifty bucks. At 18%. With closing costs, taxes and application fee, you owe us thirty-seven. Have a nice day."

Of course, this isn't the only place I'm gonna check. In order to get everything I want, I may have to go somewhere a little less reputible, like Vito's Credit Union. Just out of curiosity, after they brek my legs, do I still owe them the money?

I'll know more tomorrow if I need to solidify my plan B: Another efficiency apartment. I'll have to resort to lots of bologna and ramen noodles, or if I want to keep cable internet...dirt and twigs.

The good news is, my boss has told me that if I want my furniture back (that he bought from me for his daughter who's since moved back home), that it's available at the same price I sold it to him. Yay!

Here's what I need: A DRINK!

No comments: