Oct 21, 2005

Mixed drinks


After work, I got home, made myself some dinner and came down with a serious case of cabin fever. So, it was off to Borders for a latte, then for no reason whatsoever I went to Arnie's for a pint of Guinness. Now I'm home, and I've got this low-grade mix of stimulants and depressants doing a West Side Story type rumble in my bloodstream, and I thought I'd write about it.

It kinda reminds me of last summer, when I was at an Electric Rag Band gig. My buddy Nathan bought me what he called a Little Rock Iced Tea. It was just like a Long Island Iced Tea, but it was mixed with Red Bull. I've never been a big fan of Red Bull. To me it tasted like Gatorade strained through a mummy, blended with rotting strawberries and then carbonated. But mixed with a potent combination of alcohol, then you've got a nice little trip on your hands. You're hyper as hell, and drunk out of your mind. But the real fun comes later when you're sobering up and crashing from the caffeine at the same time. You have full control of your faculties, but you're totally exhausted. It makes for a fun drive home, I'll tell you what.

Change of subject, I'm sure television programming managers think it's really clever to only show the movie Friday on a Friday, but this has got to be the worst movie to watch censored. The guy they got to overdub Chris Tucker sounds like Woody Woodpecker. And what they came up with to substitute the curse words is almost as bad as the TV version of the Exorcist: "Your mother sews socks that smell!!!"

For some strange reason, I have a sudden urge to watch the Incredibles. Sometimes I have no idea how my mind works in situations like this. I get to thinking about one thing, then I do the exact opposite. I'm the kind of guy that'll walk into a restaurant wanting to order something light, like a salad, then order the fettucine alfredo with a extra side of garlic bread.

And now, for something completely different...CONCRETE HOG SURFING!!!

No comments: