Oct 10, 2005

Attempted professional suicide


You know the day has taken a turn for the fucked-up when your boss barges into your office without warning or provocation and bags up your trash for you, screaming "You know what? I give up. I really give up...No, I got it. JESUS!"

Yeah, he was a lot of fun today. At any given moment, I didn't know if he was gonna slug me, fire me, shove bamboo shoots under my nails, or go completely off the deep end, leaving only a trail of dead behind him. Whenever he gets like this, when the monkey up his ass gets its own monkey up its ass, I just try to avoid the crosshairs. Today was one of those days that it didn't work. I got my ass chewed out for things that didn't even make it to my desk, for no other reason than I should've known what to do. Gee, doesn't that violate the fundamental rule of KNOWING being half the battle?

He called a meeting to discuss the problems we're having. We all opted to take 24 hours to collect our thoughts on the matter and find the most diplomatic way of telling everyone how they're doing. I think I should bring in about a dozen banana cream pies for our little follow-up meeting. You know, just in case!

Seriously, though, I'm working on my list of problem areas around the office...most of them dealing with morale. Wanna know what's number one on my list? Not getting paid for having to work on this list in my free time.

Here is a completely random pic. Taken in downtown Little Rock.

No comments: