Oct 7, 2005

I'm back...more or less

It's been a couple days since my last post, and I want to apologize to my three to five diehard fans out there. I've been busy. Not just with work, but I have had a busy social calendar this week.

Wednesday was Britt's bachelor party, which consisted of drinks and pool at Sharkey's...on ladies night, of all nights. You'd think that would mean lots of amazing looking women...not so much. Many of them could out-butch me. There were some exceptions, though...like our waitress. Man, this girl knew how to dress for maximum tips. There wasn't a square inch of this woman that wasn't a pleasant focal point. Aye, Chihuahua!

Last night was Arnie's Bar, and it was a wallflower kinda night for me. Besides, after having garlic chicken for dinner, then drinking and smoking, not to mention the fact that the owner of the bar set out some aged, smoked cheddar for us to snack on...I was surprised my breath wasn't peeling the paint off the walls. Toward the end of the night, I found myself sitting by myself on the patio next to the chiminea.

Tonight, I'm attending the rehearsal for Colleen and Britt's wedding. Given the events of this past week, I'm going into this with a very weird head space. There's this one part of me that wants to keep to myself, yet there's this other side thinking "Hey, there are still a couple of the bridesmaids I haven't dated yet!" But then, that first side smacks the other side upside the head. Damned logic!

With the wedding tomorrow night, that makes four nights in a row of moderate to heavy drinking. This is the closest I've ever come to a bender. We'll just see how my liver is holding up by tomorrow.

No pics tonight. I gotta get going.

No comments: