Jan 23, 2006

Concerns, illness, commerce and apathy


Well, work wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I credit most of my good fortune to the flu, which has hit my boss like a ton of bricks. The coast isn't exactly clear, though. He's getting better slowly, and he has a long memory. All I can do is continue to do my job and hope and pray that things smooth over. Besides, my horoscope today told me to pick my battles, so I did.

I know that I previously said that I'd be able to survive if I didn't have this job anymore, but it's not something that I really want to have happen. It's sorta like knowing that I'd be able to survive on a desert island, but I'm not planning on playing Cast Away: the Home Game anytime soon.

In other news, my roommate has come down with strep throat. This means I'm gonna have to disinfect tonight. No biggie, I'm not gonna scrub like Silkwood or anything, but I do remember that the toothbrush holder doesn't exactly keep the toothbrushes separated.

Interesting little random fact about the strep virus: There are only two places on the human body that the virus can thrive...the throat and the anus. Not that this has any chance of happening to me, but I do think it's funny that somewhere, someone is suffering from strep butt.

I finally got my order in from T-Shirt Hell. A friend of mine is going in for a c-section on Wednesday and I bought the baby a t-shirt that reads "I can kick your baby's ass". Believe me, that was the least offensive shirt they have on their website...although I was considering getting the "All mommy wanted was a backrub" one.

So now, as my horoscope also told me, I'm staying home tonight. That means 24, CSI: Miami, Daily Show, and sleep. I believe the word many of you are looking for is pathetic.

No comments: