Jan 10, 2006

Well, crap

Good News: I got my W-2 today, so I can file my taxes super-early.

Bad News: I made $800 less this year than last year.

Good News: I got my federal taxes filed no problem.

Bad News: The State of Oklahoma won't let me file until the 23rd.

Good News: I can get my federal refund in about eight days.

Bad News: It was less than half of last year.

Good News: In an attempt to cheer myself up, I made a kick-ass steak for dinner.

Bad News: Now I gotta figure some stuff out.

I was expecting to get at least enough to pay off my laptop and check into some serious credit counseling. Now, it looks like I'll have to either do one or the other or split the difference. This sucks.

I'm kinda glad I got a raise last year, because I've apparently gotten so good at my job that I'm pulling less overtime. The time may have come for me to consider additional employment. I guess this will be a belated new year's resolution. Let me set some ground rules first:

1. Somewhere that I'm somewhat close to the average age of the rest of the employees. This means no teenage hangouts, no fast food, no movie theaters, etc.

2. Something that will not interfere or present a conflict of interest with my current job.

3. Nothing that will drain me of too much energy.

Well, I'm up to a challenge. The search begins.

No comments: