Jan 16, 2006

Good food

I am kicking myself for missing the season premiere of 24 last night. I had thought that they were gonna start it tonight. Instead, I'm two episodes behind. And from what I've found on the internet, I missed one hell of a show. The little "Previously on 24" summary at the beginning of the episode tonight didn't tell me jack shit.

Now for a change of subject: While my current state of mind isn't a full-blown depression, some comfort food was in order tonight. For everyone out there who likes to medicate yourself with food, I have found the first step to recovery. All you have to do is only eat food that takes a really long time to prepare. For me, tonight, it was baked chicken.

It works. Rather than focus your energy into shoveling an entire pint of Cherry Garcia into your mouth, redirect it towards whether or not the glaze is carmelizing properly. Take sample tastes from time to time to make sure that by the time the food is ready, you're no longer hungry. Maybe this is a sign that I really need to turn off the Food Network.

So, the chicken came out perfect, my TV show totally kicking ass, and now, I'm feeling pretty good. Now, what to do with the leftovers.

No comments: