Jun 2, 2007

Clear pictures yet again


Bitterness has faded a bit. With work being as it's been lately, as soon as I have a clear moment to think, that's the kind of shit that goes through my head. Chalk it up to fatigue. Now, I'm rested up, and I've got reasons to be less hard on myself.

The big project is on its way back from the bindery house in Oklahoma City. Everything else is either on auto-pilot or can be easily taken care of Monday. I can relax a bit now.

And if I needed any more reason to take it easy, I woke up Friday morning with a sharp pain in my right knee that wasn't there Thursday night. Leave it to a guy like me to injure himself in his sleep. The pain was almost unbearable, and all day Friday I just wanted to sit and my desk and work. Unfortunately, all of my work required lots of walking around and driving around town. I could barely bend it without it hurting like a motherfucker, and any time I put pressure on it, it would momentarily buckle on me, hurting even worse. I'm getting through today with a ultra-tight leg wrap, a few dozen Tylenol and walking very carefully.

But then, what do I do? I decide to go shopping! I found nothing of real interest at Vintage Stock, and when I got to Circuit City, I was left with a decision to make: Buy the last Wii they had in stock, or go for that display model digital camera thats 50% off. The Wii would've cost me over $300 with at least one game, and would ensure that I wouldnt get out of the house all frickin summer, but the digital camera would only cost $200 with everything I needed for it, and I could take it anywhere and maybe get some good pictures out of it.

I opted for the camera. I rushed home to get the batteries charged and try it out. The first picture came out great. The filth in my apartment came through crystal clear. I was about to head out on a photo expedition when my friends Mike and Aliceson called, saying they were in town and wanted to know if I could have an early dinner with them. Um, hell yeah!

This was the first time I'd seen them since their wedding last April. This was the first chance I've gotten to see their son Grayson. Babies don't come much cuter than this kid. It was great to hang out with them, not just because they're old friends, but also to see them as a family. That settles it, I need to get back to Northwest Arkansas again for a visit very very soon.

Tonight, I head to Skiatook to see Three Penny Upright play. It should be a lot of fun...well worht the gas money it'll take to get out there and back.

1 comment:

CleverName said...

A photographer and graphic designer and I STILL got the red eye.



Oh, wait, this wasn't the caption contest was it. Sorry, my bad.