Dec 24, 2006

A brighter future

I can breathe again. I have negotiated a deal with my parents that takes care of a great majority of the probelms I've had over the past six years.

In lieu of taking the settlement money from the insurance company, I have signed it over to pay off my debt consolidation loan and buy the pickup truck from my folks, under the condition that they'd buy it back from me a year from now. I now have no loan payment and no car payment, and the ability to finally put money in savings.

A great weight has been lifted. I've been living paycheck to paycheck for six years and have barely been able to keep my head above water. Now, I can pay my bills without having to rub a nickel on the check's magnetic strip (causing the bank to run it by hand and have it take 2-3 days longer to clear). I can have two paychecks a month that go directly in the bank. I can deposit money into savings without having to withdraw it within two weeks to pay for something else.

My goal now is to put aside at least four grand by the end of 2007. By then, I will look for my next vehicle and make plans to get it at an excellent price. Sure, I'll have to drive a big, ugly pickup truck in that time, but it'll be paid for, damn it!

My christmas haul was very literary, having picked up four books that I really look forward to reading. My brother gave me his old acoustic guitar to borrow for a while. I figure I'll test my here-to-fore dearth of musical talent and prove myself wrong.

This could possibly be my best christmas ever.

No comments: