Dec 23, 2006

From limited options to infinite possibilities

This time yesterday, I was unsure of what I was gonna do about the car situation. I wasn't expecting much money from the insurance company, I was planning to drive my folks' pickup truck for a couple months and put some money aside for a down payment on a new (to me) car.

But I got a call from my stepdad, saying he had just gotten off the phone with the insurance company and talked them out of a huge chunk of money. My stepdad has a real talent for this kind of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he could get the government to pay him $20,000 a year not to grow corn...and he doesn't own a farm.

So, after paying off the bank note, I've got infinite possibilities. I've managed to narrow it down to five:

1. Drive the pickup for a few months and narrow down exactly what kind of car I want, and make a huge down payment, keep paying off the debt-consolidation loan as planned.

2. Find an old clunker that I can buy outright, pay larger payments on the debt loan, and be out debt that much sooner.

3. Pay off the debt loan, drive the pickup for a few months and save up money for a down payment.

4. Split the money in two, put half towards the loan and half towards the down payment.

5. Vegas, baby, VEGAS!!!


We should be able to figure it all out this weekend. My aunt will be here in about an hour and a half to take me to Little Rock, so I'll be signing off from the blog for a couple days.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: