Dec 17, 2006

Gosh, I'm popular!

Four parties in two days. In the past 24 hours, I've ran the whole spectrum of alcoholic beverages. Beer, wine, egg nog, hard cider, hard liquor...I'm surprised my body hasn't rejected my own liver at this point.

One thing I just realized is that none of the four parties had mistletoe. Not that any of the parties were exactly Christmas-themed, but I was kinda missing the thrill of possibly getting a little smooch action. Oh, well...there's always New Year's.

I've had this nagging feeling that something big is on the horizon for me. And I mean something good, because God knows I've had some pretty fucked-up shit happen to me in 2006. I'm due, and the universe knows it.

The reason I have this feeling is because I've gained the perspective I need to allow this kind of thing to happen. I don't really give a shit if it happens to me or not. Not that I've given up all hope, it's just that I know that I'll be just fine without it. The philosophy on gambling now applies to the rest of my life: I only risk that which I am not ready to live without.

So, I can go into 2007 with a renewed sense of self. Rewards will be greatly appreciated, and losses are nto gonna be a big deal. I've got air in my lungs, I've got my spine, I've got my orange crush...now, all I need is a ship and a star to sail her by.

No comments: