Dec 18, 2006

Please tell me that's a silver lining I'm seeing

I got a phone call from the body shop today. The initial estimate of $5,000 will need to be ammended to close to $7,000. According to Kelly Blue Book, my car in top notch condition is worth six grand at best. So, in a couple days, I'm expecting the insurance company to make the call and declare my car completely totalled.

You'd think I'd be screwed in this manner, but I've got a few rays of hope. My folks have a truck they'll let me drive until I find the right new car. My aunt may be able to pick me up on Saturday and drive me to Little Rock on her way from Norman. If not, my folks have offered to fly me down there. Either way, I won't have to worry about a car if mine gets totalled.

More good news if that happens: I won't have a car payment for a while, so I can easily afford a better apartment, plus I'll have a truck to move all my stuff with. And, when I need to get a new (to me) car, I can enlist the help of my stepbrother, who deals in wholesale cars. Everything's seemingly coming up Fritschie.

No comments: