Jan 24, 2007

Approaching done

I have three boxes left to unpack tonight. Then, I'm done until I get my drafting table back from my mom.

I kinda over-extended my bank account this week. I went to Target on Sunday, and they've always been good about not posting the payment to my account for at least two days. Unfortunately, it posted Monday night, so it overdrew my account. And because of my bank's policy of posting debits from highest to lowest, I got $75 on overdraft charges, instead of $25 if they went the other way. So, I had to float a quick loan from the folks to be able to eat for the next couple weeks.

Speaking of which, I cooked my first meal in my new place. Since I'm watching the cash flow, I cooked a pot of chili. At least seven meals worth for just under $12. Sure, I've got enough gas to achieve liftoff, but I'm saving money, dammit!

It looks like money won't be much of an issue very soon. Every day at 4:55, I ask my boss if he's got anything he needs me to take care of before I leave. Today, he said he had enough on his desk to keep me busy until midnight, but he said it could wait until tomorrow.

I've been busy ass hell as it is, and the only thing that's kept me sane has been tons of green tea and DVDs playing in the background while I work. However, I need to think things out a little more than I do. The two DVDs I had to choose from today were the Godfather and the Muppet Movie. Weird double feature, there.

Tomorrow night, I'll get to go catch an advance screening of Catch and Release...gotta love having friends at the Tulsa World with access to free passes. However, the passes I've gotten so far has been for chick flicks, but a free movie is still a free movie.

No comments: