Jan 15, 2007

Fritschie fall down, go boom

At lunch today, I signed my lease. My utilities get turned on tomorrow. I got off work early and decided tyo go ahead and take a truckload over to the new place. Since all of my boxes are the same size, it's easy to fit them in the truck. I had space for one more box, so I grab the box marked "pots & pans".

Keep in mind my front steps and sidewalk are still covered in three inches of ice. Know where this is going yet?

I slip. Badly. All I see before I hit ground are my feet and a cloudy sky beneath them. I hit ass-first on the sidewalk, then my shoulders on the first step and my head on the top step. Then, the box lands on my stomach. If only someone had a camcorder on me...I could be swimming in America's Funniest Home Video cash.

Once I regained my senses, I thought that normally when one falls and bumps his/her ass, shoulders and head, that the best thing to do is put ice on it. So, I just stayed on the ground for a few minutes.

I stood up and looked down at the ass-shaped radial crack in the ice and the silver-dollar-sized crack in the top step. I already had a truckload of stuff, and I could either unload it back into the old place or bite the bullet and move it to the new place.

Already long story slightly shorter, I'm one truckload down. Depending on how sore I am tomorrow, I'll tackle another load. Maybe move the big stuff on Thursday. In the meantime, Tylenol.

No comments: