Jan 21, 2007

I'm moved in

I've been moving all this week, and it's been going really smooth. The old apartment is all cleared out, swept, mopped and damn near sterile. The new place is almost completely unpacked. The living room is just how I want it, and now I've run out of furniture for the rest of the apartment. I'll be getting my huge-ass drafting table back from my mom, and that should taake care of the big empty space in the middle of the dining room.

Thursday night was my first official night in the new place. I had five of my friends help me move all the big stuff as well as whatever we could fit in their respective cars. I did have to resort to a bit of disception, though, by not telling them until we got everytrhing loaded up that my new place is on the second floor...and there's a curve on the stairs...and the ice was worse at the new place than at the new place. Everything was loaded and unloaded in about an hour, so at least the torture didn't last long.

Chuck took a couple days to get used to the new place. Apparently, he had a fear of ceiling fans, so the living room and bedroom was avoided at all costs unless I was in there with him. He's good now.

Even though the old place is all cleaned out, I'm gonna wait a week to turn in the key. I gotta let the change of address take effect before I will finally be rid of that place. Given the fact that when I moved in there, there was a stack of old mail about a foot high, I don't feel too comfortable leaving my credit card apps around for the next guy.

I'll take the next week to finish unpacking. I've got the place comfortable enough at this point.

No comments: