Jan 11, 2007

Time to take my time...

Well, I got the apartment. In a perfect world, I could start moving in immediately. However, with the weather forecast predicting rain tonight, freezing rain and snow tomorrow, sleet and freezing rain for Saturday and Sunday...I'm opting to pick up the keys on Monday. There's no sense in paying over sixty bucks in pro-rated rent for four days where I won't be able to move anything in. At least I can get the utilities turned on in the meantime.

Last night, I finished up the big box of stuff to shred. Given that I've been tossing stuff in there for years, so as I whittled away at it, I was going through years of my life in reverse chronological order. I found Christmas cards going back to 1998. I found an old bill, unopened, from the days after Colleen and I broke up with "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS ANYMORE!!!" scribbled on it with magic marker. I can tell she was a bit mad at the time because of the way she wrote it and the fact that the ink had bled through four layers of paper. The oldest thing in the box, right at the bottom, was a payment schedule book for my first Saturn, the one I bought in the fall of 1997.

Tonight, I'm ordering a pizza and tackling the kitchen...maybe the bedroom. I'm gonna narrow myself down to the bare essentials for the next few days. I wanna be able to move everything in one fell swoop...or at least three or four truckloads.

One last thought: Today, I had to run an errand for work, and I got stuck on the Broken Arrow Expressway behind a semi-truck going about 45 MPH. No one would let me in the other lane to pass him for at least ten minutes. When I finally got around him, I laughed my ass of at the flames the guy had painted on the side of the cab. Apparently it's better for some people to look fast than to acually be fast.

No comments: