Jan 6, 2007

Everything's coming up Fritschie

I woke up at dawn this morning feeling 95% better. The soreness in my chest and head is gone, my fever has broken, and all that remains is the drainage in my head walking the Green Mile, so to speak.

After taking a shower, I left to do laundry. Being the only one in the laundromat was a real treat. Afterwards, I cruised around to look at some of the apartment complexes I've been looking at online. One that I was really anxious to look at was $375 a month plus gas and electric, 900 sq. feet, 2br/1bath. The website listed it as a basement apartment, which would explain why it was such a bargain. From what I could see, that only tells half the story. As it turns out, it is literally the basement. No outside windows at all. So, I've crossed that off my list. All dark and no natural lighting makes Fritschie a dull boy.

Fortunately, as I was making my way out of that neighborhood to go home, I saw a for rent sign for another place...and the rental company was run by a friend of a friend of mine. It's sounding like it's right up my alley. I called the number on the sign, and I'm planning on looking at the place on Monday. If it looks good and doesn't have any of the glaring problems that my current place does, I'm preparing to write a check right away.

Plus, a lot of stuff got cleared out of our warehouse space at work, so I'm flushed with empty boxes for the move. I've got the pickup truck, and I'll have ample time for the move.

Life is good.

No comments: