Jul 29, 2007

Good vibes

It's a strange thing about not dating for a year. Looking back on that lost year, most times I feel I took that vow in vain. However, recent events in my life (details to come in the following weeks) have made me look back on the past year as a valuable learning experience.

For the first time in my life, I'm feeling great amounts of electricity without immediately thinking I've been struck my lightning. I'm able to look at what's happening around me and watch it all unfold with great anticipation and, for once, a level of restraint. Gone are my desires to cut to the chase, and now is the time for me to enjoy the build-up of suspense.

And, I gotta tell you, folks...I'm sitting on a gold mine of good vibes at this moment. My cynicism has been trying to find fault in it, but its quest has proven fruitless. Paranoia, self-doubt and negativity are all being boxed up and thrown in the closet, in all probability, never to be opened again until I clean it all out and throw it away once and for all.

It's a unique and amazing feeling to have the whole world beyond what's right in front of you disappear from view. Out of sight, out of mind as they say. One could meditate for decades and never achieve the peace that moments like this bring. Even back in real time in the real world, I can flash back to those moments and turn the volume of the universe all the way down.

I could go on rambling like this forever, but I really must turn down the volume, and get some sleep.

No comments: