Aug 15, 2005

Catching up


Well, it's been a couple days since I posted, and I know I said I was gonna post every day, but A) I was busy, and B) I couldn't get a Wi-Fi signal. Anyways, here are the highlights of my weekend:

- I got out of work early to drive a delivery to Springdale, since I was driving to Little Rock anyway. It was an hour out of my way, but anything to get out of work early.

- I saw the Electric Rag Band in Little Rock LATE Friday night. The boys were understandably tired, and I stayed as long as I could...about 3:00. They finished playing around 5:00.

- Saturday was my lazy day. Hanging out with Mom, taking a nap in my stepdad's new leather recliner, snacking all day. My brother called and asked if I wanted to make twenty bucks babysitting my neices that night. I agreed, not knowing that I would also be watching three of their friends as well. It was fun playing hide and seek, even though they couldn't stay quiet while they were hiding. My brother kinda stiffed me on the twenty bucks, but I got it from him the next day.

- Aside from a shelf unit needing to be installed, the renovations are done on my parents' house. Sunday, I helped them pick up their new TV. How big is it? It wouldn't fit in their Suburban without taking it out of the box. I had to ride in the back holding it up until we got back to the house. My mom also bought me Fifth Element and Garden State on DVD. Mom rocks!

- Driving back Sunday, I had the radio off and just let my mind wander. Once I was back in my phone's service area, it was ringing off the hook. Candy called me to see when I was gonna be back. Then, she called me back to find out if I wanted her to wait for me to get back to have dinner. Then, she called me back again to let me know the power was out. We later cruized by the movie theater, and we were SO close to seeing The Island, but then good taste prevailed. After a couple of hours at Barnes & Noble, we went home to still no power until around 9:30.

Here is a pic of a restaurant in Bristow, Oklahoma. "Hey, I got yo' bah-reeto right heere!"

No comments: