Aug 28, 2005

Storm's a comin!


I woke up around eight (remember when we used to sleep in on Sundays?), went for a bike ride (remember NOT exercising?) and turned on the TV (...hell, the TV's always been on). Let's see...christian...christian...christian...FOX News...America's Funniest Home Videos...Ah, CNN. What's this? Hurricane's heading straight for New Orleans. Hmm, my step-grandparents live just out of New Orleans. Hey, they're showing the projected path of the storm...looks like it's heading straight for their house.

I get on the phone to call my folks in Little Rock. I ask my mom if they've heard from Jim & Sammye. She said "Of course! They're right here in our kitchen!"

At this moment, I realised my mom had told me they were coming up last time I talked to her. So, not only am I forgetful, but endearing because I showed concern for their well-being.

No comments: