Aug 8, 2005

Easy day


Today was long, but good. There was practically nothing to do, so I cleaned my office, ran some maintenance on the computers, and took it easy...Even got a couple hours overtime working in the back of the shop, just because no one else could do it. I may even do it again tomorrow night.

I think I've reached a level of professionalism when it comes to certain clients that are, a few fries short of a happy meal. That sounds a lot better than just being worn out from having to explain things to them. I used to try and make them understand "the process", but I couldn't dumb it down enough for them. So now, I just smile, nod a lot and tell them, "I'll see what I can do." It all works out a lot better for everyone involved. My blood pressure is lower, the client is happy, and the chances of my arrest for assault are greatly diminished. Ahhh...life is good.

Here is a pic from my desk at work: My Bob's Big Boy bobblehead.

No comments: