Sep 24, 2005

I got blisters on my fingers


Candy's feeling a lot better today. After a night of her not being able to keep down saltines and ginger ale, maybe serving her breakfast burritos this morning and cajun chicken with crawfish stuffing wasn't such a great idea. Time will tell, though.

I now know how her mom handles stressful situations...she cleans. My job this morning, mow the back yard(s). The house next door is still unoccupied, and the previous tenant didn't mow the back yard for a month and a half before he moved away. I let it go until it was about waist-high before I cut it. This meant, I had to go over it three times with the mower, each time at less of an upward angle.

This posed more problems later on, because I couldn't mow it again until I raked up the clippings from last time. That is what I did today, and sweat out half my body weight and turned my hands into two large blisters in the process.

In order to salvage my day off, I opted to stay home while Candy and her mom went to the mall, as well as now, when they went down to Fringe, formerly known as String (thanks to some knitting store snobs in New York and their lawyers).

So now, I'm watching the Discovery Channel, watching these guys tear out walls in an office building. Boy, that looks like a good way to work out aggression. They just took a sledgehammer to a glass brick wall, a sight that would make my mom faint. She's always wanted a bunch of those grass bricks, and here they are just being destroyed. A shame, really.

Tonight, take care of Candy until she turns in early for the night, then I may head downtown to see Larkin at Arnies, or McNellies, I'm not sure which.

Here's another pic of Candy and I.

No comments: