Sep 22, 2005

My ego, now with free checking!


Today was another mile-a-minute day. Print this, proof this, deliver this. It was a pretty good day, all in all.

I've felt something on this job that I've rarely felt in a job: an occasional feeling that I'm depended on. It's never expressed out loud, and not ever very clearly, but it does happen. That feeling that if I'm not there, that, if it were to get done at all, it wouldn't get done nearly as fast or as well. Geez, the way I just worded it didn't make it sound special at all. I'd edit it, but it's actually demonstrating how my self-doubt keeps my ego in check.

Wanna know what builds me up? Looking no further than my own TV, at all the no-talent halfwits holding onto that last shred of fame. Those guys standing at the end of the offramp asking for money and noticing that their shoes are newer than mine. At least I've got my dignity. My meager paycheck every week may not be much, but at least it's honest.

Here's a pic of me riding a hog. Wanna know what else keeps me going? BAD PUNS!

2 comments:

CleverName said...

A guy enters a pun contest. He comes up with the best ten puns he can think of. He enters them all hoping at least one will win.
But sadly, no pun in ten did.

Fritschie said...

Gene, you frighten me sometimes.