Sep 14, 2005

My letter to Tom Coburn

Just thought I'd share a little letter I sent to Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK), our senator, in response to his rejection (along with every other Republican Senator) of an independent committee to investigate what went wrong with the government's response to Hurricane Katrina. In case I mysteriously disappear after this, please forward a link of this page to the police.

I highly recommend that everyone contact Dr. Coburn and give him a piece of your mind, that is, if he even reads his email. You can reach him at http://www.coburn.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Home

Here is my letter. If you agree with me, I'd like to hear from you (misery loves company). If you don't, feel free to move on to the next web site.


So sorry to bother you, Senator. I know you're a busy man, what with doing crossword puzzles and choking back fake tears while calling for an end to the partisan politics that you exploited to get elected, and overall making Oklahoma the laughing stock of the nation.., but I, one of your constituants, would like to know why you rejected an independent committee to investigate our government's inability to get help to citizens in dire need of rescue in New Orleans and the Gulf coast?

I have continually been shocked and ashamed since the moment you were announced the winner of the November election. I seem to remember hearing you say on numerous occasions that you wanted to bring about major change in Washington. You are now in a position to make such a change, and what do you do? Do you put your money where your mouth is? NO! You tow the party line, reject the opinions of 78% of the citizenry and reject the independent investigative committee.

I don't expect you to respond, or to read this, but I just hope that one day you look around to the people you represent before you vote. Believe it or not, we don't pay you to make up your own mind. You are paid to do OUR will. Please rest assured, I will make sure as many people as possible remember this come time for your re-election bid.

Sincerely,
Dan Fritschie
Outraged Citizen

No comments: