Sep 16, 2005

My inner cynic


Over the past couple of days, there has been a vast difference between what I have said out loud and what's been going on in my mind. For example, while I was saying, "That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do."...I was thinking things like, "Are you aware that you look like Carl from Sling Blade with a bee sting alergy?"

You see, over the past week, my work ethic has been a lot like a nuclear power plant (or is it now officially pronounced nookyooler?): A lot of energy, but there has been a few meltdowns. Since my little blow-up in the office on Tuesday, I've been making it a point to count to ten every once and a while, and not be so vocal with my frustrations. One thing that I've noticed is that if you stop bitching and moaning so much, you can hear your co-workers make fun of you behind your back a lot clearer. I just let them have their fun, but the moment they experience the same frustration as I do, I'll be the first to go SEE! SEE WHAT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH?!?

This weekend is gonna be busy. Three Penny Upright is playing tonight in Skiatook, and I'll try to meet up with Candy and Craig for Twisted Theater. Tomorrow is work, then Scottish Games at the River Parks, where Larkin is playing, followed by Cairde Na Gael's CD release party at Arnie's. Sunday, I sleep in if I can, but there are rehearsals for George's play in the evening.

Today's pic, just to make me happy, here's Chuckles in his frog mask.

No comments: