Sep 6, 2005

My pretty good day in two sentances, the rest is my anger


Another hurry up and wait kinda day, but when I got home I had a good woman to kick me right back out the door to mow the lawn, but then she bought me Steak N' Shake afterwards. God, I love that woman.

I may not have to work out anymore to help keep my heart rate up. Any channel I turn to or web site I go to is making my blood boil in my veins. Is it so hard for someone in the Bush administration to admit when they've screwed up with Hurricane Catrina. So far, two officials claimed they did nothing because they read the newspaper headlines saying the New Orleans had "dodged a bullet", but had not been able to tell the press which newspaper they had read. The newspaper?!? Didn't they happen to turn on CNN, the Weather Channel, Fox News, MSNBC, Headline News, even C-SPAN?!?

Now, the president wants to form a committee to determine who dropped the ball on this. Well, let's just start with the fact the you stayed on vaction through the storm, then went to peddle Medicare in Arizona, then suck up to the VFW in San Diego, BEFORE doing a flyby over New Orleans followed by a staged photo-op and a light lunch. Next, the mayor of New Orleans went on LIVE TV to tell the federal government to "get off your asses". People are dying, Mr. President. Most of them may be black, they might be poor, but they are suffering. Put down the lobster salad and do your job. The first rule of leadership: Everything is YOUR fault.

On a related note, did anyone catch that shot of Al Gore helping out with the refugees? He wasn't wearing a suit shaking hands, he was in the thick of it, helping people. He didn't do interviews...his reason? HE WAS TOO BUSY! We truly elected the wrong man.

This pic sums up my mood.

No comments: