Sep 5, 2005

Too busy being lazy


Hangin out with Scott, I didn't end up getting to bed until after four. I slept in until around 11:30, whereas I fed the cats and surfed the 'net for nearly five straight hours. I spent that time just hitting the "Next Blog" button at the top of a Blogger web page sent me at random to another person's blog, and I was amazed at how many of them were Anti-Bush sites, and between the hurricane and the death of Chief Justice Rehnquist, they were all foaming at the mouth. It was great. What sets us liberals apart is that when we're pissed off is when we make the best points.

I got a call from Candy around five, saying they were on their way back, just then passing St. Louis, and they'd be home around midnight. So, I had to do the 90 mph cleaning of the house before I went to my friend's party.

The party was rather low-key. Live music, snacks, beer, etc. I saw lots of people I hadn't seen in the good part of a year, and it was nice to catch up with them. I brought a couple of bottles of my grandmother's wine, but this was a hard liquor and beer only crowd, so the wine was pretty much mine all night.

I got home around one and I crashed hard. The next thing I remember is Candy getting into bed with me. I kinda felt like a dick because I remembered I didn't leave any lights on for her.

We woke up this morning and goofed off until it was time for lunch. I went into the office to get some work done that is needed first thing tomorrow morning, only to find it never got dropped off. I went ahead and cleaned out the processor, just so I wouldn't have to worry about it this week.

This afternoon, I'm staying inside, updating both blogs and watcching the 24 marathon on A&E.

Today's pic is yet another in my "looking down inside things series": Incense holder.

No comments: